- Master of Laws in Intellectual Property, Honors Scholar, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- Juris Doctorate, cum laude and Honors Scholar, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School. Dean’s List, Honor Roll, Certificate of Merit, Teaching Assistant, and ABA Tutorial Lecturer
- Bachelor of Science Biology, with Departmental Honors, Oakland University. Golden Key Honors Society, and co-founder of campus Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Affiliations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
With experience as both an attorney in private practice and as a patent examiner, Conan has dedicated his career to assisting companies and individuals obtain patent protection on their innovations. His technical expertise spans a variety of technologies across the mechanical and chemical arts. As a patent examiner, Conan developed an expertise in vehicle and vehicle systems including electronic and hydraulic power steering devices, torque transmission devices, land vehicles, and crawling, climbing, and stepping-type robots. His experience in the chemical arts is wide-ranging and includes chemical compositions, coatings, foams, adhesives, propellants, fertilizers, surfactants, encapsulants, detergents, and plasma coating and sterilization methods.
Conan assists clients in protecting all aspects of their innovations, both domestically and internationally, including drafting and prosecuting utility and design patent applications. He provides client counseling services as well as freedom to operate, infringement, and invalidity analyses, and state of the art and patentability analyses.
Prior to joining Jones Robb, Conan examined patent applications at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Conan also worked as an attorney at a general practice law firm in the Midwest. During law school, Conan clerked for the Honorable Michael Warren at the 6th Circuit Court.
Legal Practice Areas
International Patent Application
Patent Application Preparation and Prosecution
Opinions of Counsel
Patentability Evaluations and
Patent Portfolio Management
Technical/Industry Practice Areas
Vehicle Control Systems
Medical Instruments and Transport Equipment
Foams, Elastomers, Coatings, Adhesives, and Encapsulants
Plasma Coating and Sterilization